You can help slow the spread of colds and flu . Always remember to:
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and throw it away
- If you don't have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your sleeve
- Wash hands often
Other Good Health Habits:
- Avoid close contact
Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Stay home when you are sick
If possible, stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Take good care of yourself
Make sure to exercise daily, eat healthy food, drink water and get plenty of sleep.