BERKLEY ATHLETICS - HOME OF THE BEARS
To view BHS Sports Schedules, check out the updated
Schedule Star/Big Teams site at www.berkleyathletics.com
Volunteer Drivers (Revised)
Those who wish to drive students (other than their own child) must submit all of the following each school year. (Please allow two weeks for approval.)
- Volunteer Release Form (must be submitted electronically)
- Volunteer Driver Agreement (print and return to Athletic office)
- Responsibilities for Trip Chaperones (print and return to Athletic office)
- Copy of driver's license (submit to Athletic office)
- Copy of current proof of insurance (submit to Athletic office)
Boys and girls cross country, football, girls golf, sideline cheer, boys soccer, girls swimming/diving, boys tennis, girls volleyball
Sports Meeting for BHS Students Only (Mandatory)
(Incoming freshman do not need to attend.)
Monday, June 13, east gym, immediately after school
- No more than one failing grade during the previous semester
- Have and maintain a GPA of 1.50 or higher from the previous semester
All of the following must be submitted at the time of registration in order to participate in tryouts:
- MHSAA Medical Form (Sports physical, signed and dated on or after April 15, 2016)
The remainder of the two-page form must be completed by a parent or guardian if the student is not 18 years of age, including the "Emergency Information" and "Medical Treatment Consent" sections.
- Athletic Resource Fee Agreement
- Athletic Resource Fee payment (Check or money order only, made payable to Berkley School District)
Monday and Tuesday, August 8 and 9, 9:00 a.m.-noon, 1:00-4:00, Anderson Middle School
Wednesday, August 10, 9:00 a.m.-noon, Anderson Middle School
A sports physical dated on or after April 15, 2016 must be submitted at registration in order to try out for any 2016-2017 sports season.
Sports physicals can be performed at one of the following facilities:
Berkley Urgent Care
|Michigan Physicians Group
$25.00 (appointment needed)
2905 W. 12 Mile Rd.
Berkley, MI 48072
Cross Country (boys and girls)
First day of practice: August 10, 8:00 a.m., Hurley Field
For optional summer training and summer camp information, email Coach Purcell.
Coach Purcell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Coach Keegan, email@example.com
First day of practice: August 8, players arrive at 3:00 p.m., practice starts at 3:30
For information about the summer workout schedule and camp dates, visit www.berkleyfootball.org.
Coach Sikora, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Coach Ciaravino for tryout and practice information.
Coach Ciaravino, email@example.com
Tryouts: August 10 through August 12, 7:00-9:00 a.m. and 6:00-9:00 p.m., Hurley Field
Varsity: Coach Wloszek, firstname.lastname@example.org
JV: Coach Houghton, email@example.com
First day of practice: TBD. Contact Coach Shelton for details.
Coach Shelton, firstname.lastname@example.org
First day of tryouts: August 10, 2:30-4:30 p.m., Berkley Rec. Center courts
Tryouts will continue through August 18, when JV and Varsity teams will be chosen. Practice will begin the following week.
Please plan to show up the first day of tryouts even if the weather is bad. If unable to play, an informational meeting will be held in the Rec. Center. Please bring a raquet, water or drink, and any other tennis necessities to all tryouts.
Coach Waldman, email@example.com
All tryouts will be held at Anderson Middle School
Varsity: August 10-August 15, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
JV: August 10, 5:00-8:00 p.m.
August 11, 7:00-9:00 a.m.
August 12, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
August 15, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Freshman: August 10-August 15, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Varsity: Coach Korson, firstname.lastname@example.org
JV: Coach Meinhart, email@example.com
Freshman: Coach Tye, firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: EACH COACH WILL LET PLAYERS KNOW WHEN CUTS WILL BE MADE.
- Wish to join the Boosters? Please contact Dan Irwin @ 248.543.8007
- TICKET PRICES: $5 for all sporting events * No Charge for Children 5 and under and Adults 62 and over
- Free Admission with your Berkley Bear Athletic Booster Membership Card